cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Box Red Arrows

jojohylton
Just joined

Hi all,

I have just had a 360 box installed in my sons room, when you switch it on, the screen shows the 'Welcome Screen', then the 'Please Wait' screen and the the virgin media symbol and then loses signal.

I cannot find any trouble shooting guides and really annoyed as this is another issue in a long line of them and only joined nearly two weeks ago.

Thx in advance all 

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi jojohylton,

Was this a self install, or an engineer install?

Have you checked all the cabling is snug and tight, especially the white coaxial cable?

Did the box complete the installation and connect to your broadband, either by wifi or ethernet cable?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

ozsat
Superstar

Have you checked the VM cable is still in the back?

Was it a self-install?

@jojohylton wrote:

Hi all,

I have just had a 360 box installed in my sons room, when you switch it on, the screen shows the 'Welcome Screen', then the 'Please Wait' screen and the the virgin media symbol and then loses signal.

I cannot find any trouble shooting guides and really annoyed as this is another issue in a long line of them and only joined nearly two weeks ago.

Thx in advance all 

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve noticed on mine - after a reset - that the VM logo on screen is the point where there’s a ‘handshake’ between the Virgin box and the TV. I would definitely check your cables are nice and snug. Have you tried a different HDMI input on your TV?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I agree that this could be an HDMI handshake issue with the TV.

I sometimes get a blank screen, no audio or video, when coming out of standby. I have found a setting in my TV menu which can effectively cause a new handshake to resolve the issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks