cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Box Recordings and Catchup

Andrew1955
On our wavelength

I have a Virgin 360 box downstairs and a Virgin UHD 4K Toshiba MQ box upstairs. If I go to look at recordings or catchup on the 360 box I often get this message "Oops we couldnt connect to virgin tv. Please try again."

But if I go upstairs and turn the Virgin UHD 4K Toshiba MQ box on and off I can then watch recordings and catchup downstairs on 360 box?

Andy Pye

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew1955
On our wavelength

Oh and the downstairs box is connected to the hub and the upstairs box is connected by wifi.

Andy Pye

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Andrew1955
On our wavelength

Oh and the downstairs box is connected to the hub and the upstairs box is connected by wifi.

Andy Pye

Hi Andy,

Have you solved your problem as you have marked your post as answered.

Andrew1955
On our wavelength

No, I was trying to add to my previous question not reply to it.

Here is a picture of a 360 main box (left) and a 360 mini box (right), which one is upstairs and which one is downstairs.

roy247_1-1665833089880.jpeg

Andrew1955
On our wavelength

Roy

Box on left with remote is upstairs box on right is downstairs.

Thanks

Andy Pye

Hi Andy,

The box upstairs is the main box with the recordings so that needs to be set to fast start or active start so the mini box down stairs can connect, if it's set to active start try setting it to fast start because it may be a bit slow at connecting as it's connected by Wi-Fi. Ideally you would have the main box connected to the hub by ethernet cable, is it possible to swap the boxes round if the down stairs location is the main viewing area which I guess it would be.

If you don't know how to set to fast start you go to Settings > System > Standby power consumption and have 3 options, Fast start, Active start, and Eco start.