cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 Box Fault NG2

Gr8m8again
On our wavelength

This morning I could see scheduled early morning recordings were listed under "currently recording. When I clicked the recording an error message appeared "C2200 prog not recorded". Under settings although it showed a list of recordings made in the 360 Box - the % was 0%. I then clicked a previously recorded prog and again "error message, can't play". At 10.00 this morning, 26th, I phoned  VM 150, spoke to a very professional Operator in India and was advised that an Area fault had been reported with an estimated completion date/time of 5pm on 28th - 55 hours later. The reason given was 1st Local Authority approval, then determine the fault/work/ at the end of which further Local Authority approval. VM has great product and is a superb Company....until this go wrong. In 2023 55 hrs to resolve a problem is ridiculous. Strange that we have been having intermittent issues since other operators were digging up pathways to lay new cables. Around that time we were told that Companies like BT use the same cabling as VM. So many Companies supposedly providing a better choice, but it seems it's the Customer who is inconvenienced. 

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The symptoms you describe don't seem to correlate to anything that would need pavement digs or re-cabling, but with a "recording error" type message, a good test would be whether other recordings work OK.

Also try pausing live TV for a short time and view it delayed - this is also a recording, does it work?

Being TV360, do you have any HDD-less mini-boxes and are you viewing on those? Or just the main box with hard-drive?

And no - Virgin Media use their own cables and don't share with any other operator. They may well lay their cables in the same ducts as other providers, but the connections themselves are separate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gr8m8again
On our wavelength

I tried recording "live" and didn't work. Nothing is recording. It was the VM Operator who immediately told me of the Area issue and 55 hrs. We have 1TB 360 Box and use that for all our recordings. Re other Company's cabling, can only go by what Engineers have told us. From experience VM/BT use the same roadside box housing all connections and our problems happen whenever there's work in our area, whether or not it's VM or A N Other.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the symptoms are consistent to recorded content, then this has nothing to do with any external cabling and everything to do with your 360's hard-drive.

If external cabling was part of the issue, you should expect live TV and/or internet services to be affected to some degree.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

My thoughts exactly. I'm sure it's the box but in 2023 the Customer has to go through VM "process", Engineer will eventually come out and say " it's the box". Waste of everybody's time. Is every company the same?

Gr8m8again
On our wavelength

Today's update. The estimated completion date on the 360 box problem has moved from 17.00 on 28th to 16.05 on 29th. As VM had it down as an area issue early hours on 26th, 4 days for VM Engineers to fix a TV problem in NG2. On positive side it's made us think " In mid 2020's do we really need the service with likes of Netflix, Amazon, Disney available?". 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gr8m8again wrote:

Today's update. The estimated completion date on the 360 box problem has moved from 17.00 on 28th to 16.05 on 29th. As VM had it down as an area issue early hours on 26th, 4 days for VM Engineers to fix a TV problem in NG2. 

Hi @Gr8m8again 

It definitely sounds like a hard drive error on your 360. The area error you are refering to only affects the older tivo boxes  and not the TV360 box that you have, and is not specific to the NG2 area.  Screenshot of the error message below taken from /check service status 

It's always worth checking that above link if you have any issues, and also if nothing is showing  on that page then you should also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

EDIT - I see you are now adding to another thread < here>   saying that your box is now stuck on the welcome screen.  This may be due a complete failure of the hard drive.   

Try the following, it's worked for some forum members.  Turn off the 360 at the switch;  then on the 360 box  hold down both the power button and the +button at the same time. Then turn on the 360 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds. The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and fingers crossed it should  reset and boot up normally.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for your interest.

I don't disagree with you that it's the hard drive. Apart from having the patience to get past the automated fault finder to speak to a human, I've gone with the service checker and latest report is

"Our technician is in your area and is working to fix things.

You may find they are getting ES073 error code(s) on your TiVo. Please DO NOT Reboot your TiVo at this time. We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible."

We don't get an error code any more. What now appears on the screen is the channel page but without any image. The channels change via the hand control. The Channel Guide, like channel image is n/a and this makes me even more suspicious that it's the hard drive. As I've said before VM products are great when everything works but when it fails the Customer has to go through the VM hoops and process before arriving at the obvious conclusion, in this case it's a new 360 box.

I hope I'm wrong because otherwise it's a wasted 3 days.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gr8m8again wrote:

We don't get an error code any more. What now appears on the screen is the channel page but without any image. The channels change via the hand control. The Channel Guide, like channel image is n/a and this makes me even more suspicious that it's the hard drive.

If the EPG and the channels icons aren't appearing then there is possibly an internet issue with the 360 box.  There is usually an onscreen error code when this happens such as CS9994, CS9995 or CS9996.  You can check any onscreen error codes and possible reasons/solutions using the following link /tv-error-codes/ 

Do you currently have any internet  issues on other devices?

How is your 360 connected to the internet?  Hard wired or wireless? 

Can you access the Settings menu on your 360?  If so go to Settings > System > Diagnostics  and check for any issues showing there.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Gr8m8again
On our wavelength

No, can't access 360 box settings and noticed the light on front of box has gone from green to red. Same thing happened yesterday but this morning it was solid green and has only gone red. Another call to VM tomorrow. 

Tx again and now off to bed.