forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Dave_B1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

360 Auto delete when disc full

I have two V6 boxes upgraded to 360. I can not see how to have them overwrite old recordings when the disc is full as the old TIVO and V6 boxes did. The 360 just fills up and stops recording. It looks like  we have to go into recordings and delete each recording individually. Only options in quick clean up are to delete all recordings or those fully watched. Really not helpful.

How do we set auto delete?

And whilst I'm banging on. Has anyone noticed that the fans on the old V6 boxes once upgraded are constantly spinning 24 hrs?

0 Kudos
TALON1973
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 Auto delete when disc full

Odd.... I was about to tell you where it was , but now I can’t find it. I’ve had the box just over a week. There were loads of options to adjust recordings, but they seem to have gone.

edit.... I remember were I saw it now.... get the virgin tv go app. It on there.

0 Kudos
Dave_B1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but can't see an option there. The same options are available on the box. There's no option to make it overwrite old recordings

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What happens if you set "Ask to delete after watching" to on and don't respond to the prompt does it just automatically delete.

0 Kudos
Dave_B1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Superfast. That would only help if the programme had been watched. The box records tons of shows that never get watched. What we need is the box to automatically start recoding over the oldest shows when the disc is full as it did before the upgrade.

0 Kudos
TALON1973
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I don’t understand your issue with auto delete. Just go into saved section and delete the relevant saved item. You don’t need to have watched it.

0 Kudos
Dave_B1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you don't go in and delete each individual programme recorded the disc fills and then stops recording. The old system just recorded over the oldest recordings. I just want to enable that function. The box records so much stuff that it takes ages to go through and delete each recording manually. We also have two boxes