Menu
martinianpaul
Up to speed
Message 1 of 60
Flag for a moderator

2021 price increases

I see the Beeb has launched its news item of the planned VM price increases.  Will be interesting to see how that develops.  

And from customers, another round of bartering to see what discount can be agreed... TBH, this year I'll think twice unless TV360 gets a few improvements...

0 Kudos
markdyer72
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2021 price increases

I just upgraded in December on an 18 month deal so I should b ok till at least may 22 😀 if not I shall be looking into sky again😄

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 60
Flag for a moderator

There were no increases anywhere last year, so expect all providers to jump on the bandwagon shortly with above CPI price rises.

We are all using the internet more than ever so they have the excuse they need.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 60
Flag for a moderator

From ispreview.co.uk/  

"UPDATE 1:19pm

We asked Virgin Media about the impact upon recent sign-ups to their service. According to the provider, “customers who are already on one of our new bundles (as of 29 June last year) will not receive a cable price increase.”

So going by that any price increases for packages taken out after 29th June won't be applied until customers current discounts/deals end. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
paul0363
Rising star
Message 5 of 60
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd wrote:

There were no increases anywhere last year, so expect all providers to jump on the bandwagon shortly with above CPI price rises.

We are all using the internet more than ever so they have the excuse they need.

Exactly - from the same BBC article:

"BT changed its terms and conditions last year to say it would increase broadband prices by 3.9% above the first CPI rate published every year, which this year is due in 16 days. BT's sister companies, EE and Plusnet, followed suit......

.....If it stayed at the same level for December, BT's prices will rise by 4.2% under its new rules, which it has confirmed it plans to stick with."

and

"While others have yet to formally announce price increases, many do so on an annual basis, and usually at a rate above inflation. Sky, for example, increased prices by up to 10% last year, with different price increases for different services, amounting to £1-£2 a month extra per service."

0 Kudos
techifan
Superfast
Message 6 of 60
Flag for a moderator

I changed my package/contract in October 2020 to an 18 month deal but i received an email today informing me of a £4 per month increase.

I was under the impression that as my new contract started in October that I would not be effected by this increase ?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Hi techifan

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/PriceChange2020/Broadband 

"Your price increase is outlined in the letter or email we sent you. If you currently enjoy a fixed price offer each month, your price won’t be affected until the offer ends"

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

impy1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately that's not how it works I' m afraid. Yes you may have signed a new contract but you will still have a price increase.Think if you have joined virgin as a new customer ,then that's what it means about no price increase

0 Kudos
techifan
Superfast
Message 9 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Quote from Virgin Media about the 2021 price increase.

What if you’re currently on an offer?

"If you’re currently on a promotional offer with us, we will honour it. So that means your increase will happen when your offer comes to an end. You can see the details of your current offer on your latest bill."

Also, from Dave's post above.

According to the provider, “customers who are already on one of our new bundles (as of 29 June last year) will not receive a cable price increase.”

"If you currently enjoy a fixed price offer each month, your price won’t be affected until the offer ends"

No mention for new customers only?

I agreed to my promotional offer in October.

Could someone from VM please clarify?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully this post from VM Staff Member John_GS explains the price rise scenario for everyone.

/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Price-increase 

Dave

0 Kudos