cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 remotes

bazelk
Tuning in

So I've just signed up to include TV to my account as it was cheaper than just renewing my discounted broadband service which had expired.

My question is why oh why can't I simply add another remote control to my 360 box so we can have two, when I've been with BT, Talktalk, Sky and freeview I've always had two or more programmed.

In my opinion Virgin media (without going into personal details) you are discriminating against disabled people who for what ever their disabilities are can't simply get up to go and get the remote from who ever has it in another part of the room.

I feel so strongly about this issue that I'm thinking of cancelling my new contract and going back to Freeview.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

You can also download the TVGO app to your phones and use those as remotes.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

roy247
Community elder

You can also download the TVGO app to your phones and use those as remotes.

Unfortunately the TVGO app doesn't do it for me as I want a working remote to hand where as with the app you need to unlock the phone, open the app then scroll to the controller, but thanks for your input.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

… then search this forum and you’ll find that there are universal remotes that can be purchased and used as second remotes for TV 360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

OK so I've bit the bullet and purchased the One for all universal remote "Evolve 2 devices" ( others are available for multiple devices) from Curry's as I'm clearly on to a looser with pairing a second Virgin remote to the box.

I can confirm that this does work with my new 360 box, it's a bit confusing to set up if you try using the "Virgin codes" supplied in the box, so ignore those.
you need to use the following code.
Ziggo media with the code 1582
Once set up and running a top tip as I found by accident is if you press the very top middle button (looks like a telly with a person on it) this makes both the TV and Virgin box work together so you don't have to swap from TV for volume to the Box manually for all the box functions.

Thanks for your posts and updates, bazelk,

Glad to hear that the new remote is able to control everything for you.

Cheers,

Corey C

adhsmith
On our wavelength

@bazelk wrote:
Once set up and running a top tip as I found by accident is if you press the very top middle button (looks like a telly with a person on it) this makes both the TV and Virgin box work together so you don't have to swap from TV for volume to the Box manually for all the box functions.

Yup that is mentioned in the manual, it combines two or more devices into one mode for TV viewing (so TV+STB) , I have the evolve 4 and it has a movie one too (so TV+ Bluray)

One thing to note it is not an exact replica of VM remote functionality, as the VM remote and software is quite smart and the box knows when you are not using it and does not give all settings options, so if you can't find a settings option, for example one power does not show in settings with oneforall, use the proper remote, that was the only one I found that didn't show but of course you don't know an option is missing until you are looking for it 😄 so if you think you are missing something pick the VM remote up and check 🙂

@adhsmith wrote:

@bazelk wrote:
for example one power does not show in settings with oneforall, use the proper remote, that was the only one I found that didn't show but of course you don't know an option is missing until you are looking for it 😄 so if you think you are missing something pick the VM remote up and check 🙂

I'm sure I read somewhere that if you hold the power off button down for a few seconds (can't remember how many), it turns everything off, not having a oneforall I can't check so I could be wrong.