Menu
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

2 brands of the 360 boxs

So there are 2 brands  of  the 360 box some of the boxes are very old arris branded box's.  And the newer version made by?  

Seams a massive amount of people have issues I'm wondering if the software guys are only testing on the new box? 

And if the arris are now discontinued? 

And all the issues on here and I have are down to having the older arris box's?   

I think when reporting issues it would be helpful to post your box brand and sw version. 

Mine loads of issues 

Arris 4.31. Loads of issues 

(on 4.30 it worked way better. 

Just to add I don't have mini box's 

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 brands of the 360 boxs

The V6 is made by Arris and is going to be in production for years having been launched in December 2016 and been through a number of upgrades. The TV 360 is made by Humax. It's not at all unusual for an ISP to source devices from multiple suppliers, I can think of some examples of STBs and cable modems over the years.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

The V6 is made by Arris and is going to be in production for years having been launched in December 2016 and been through a number of upgrades. The TV 360 is made by Humax. It's not at all unusual for an ISP to source devices from multiple suppliers, I can think of some examples of STBs and cable modems over the years.

That's my point I have Arris running 360 sw on them and have issues.  Others who have just joined also have Arris running 360 on them.  I don't think there was a v6 only a Arris running v6 sw.  And now there only putting 360 out to the public. 

Thanks I couldn't rember the other brand

My 360s are running so bad now its unbelievable. 

0 Kudos
joebloggs
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have a Arris box and it was a new install - and I hate it - would pay dollar to get TiVo software back if I could (I know it’s not possible but could wish )

Swf
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I was told the Arris box's are all 2nd hand  now.    

I think we have issues like they have in mobile phones with different chip sets. Ie snapdragon work amazing and the other Brad of chips struggles with different things.    I think there are 2 classes of box's on 360 and all the issues may be on Arris box's..  Its interesting

Arris 4.31 issues

0 Kudos