Menu
got2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Incoming calls - phone not ringing

Yesterday when I tried call home, my girlfriend wasn't picking up the line. Then she told me phone wasn't ringing. Today I tried by myself. I am able to make a phone call, but if someone calling me, phone is not ringing. I tried different handset (both are corded) and it was the same problem. I ran the test on VM website and no faults found. Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you very much in advance for any suggestions and ideas.

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incoming calls - phone not ringing

There is definitely a fault on the line. Could you call Virgin Media on a different phone on 03454541111 so they can do some more tests on the line with you and explain you tried two different phones and experienced the same problem.

I recommend you use a different phone to call them as they can’t do a proper line test while using the line.

I hope they can sort this for you. One last thing when you call your mobile from the landline, is the right number showing up? If it’s not then you have a crossed line which explains why the phone doesn’t ring 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there got2, 

Welcome to your forums and for your first post - sorry to understand that you're having some issues with your landline. 

Are you still able to make an outgoing call? As nick_london asks, if/when you call out from your landline to your mobile, does it show your landline number correctly? (You can also call 174/ 175 and it will read back the number you are connected to)

I have located your account from your Forum account and as such I've popped you a Private Message so we can go through some checks - just look out for the purple envelope and reply when you can if you still need help. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lac1973
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am also suffering the same problem for the last 3 days. I rang virgin media yesterday at anot 16:30 and after the person ran some tests was told the issue was being passed to another department and it would be about 4 hours. I checked the phone this morning and it is still not ringing. I can make calls out and have tried a different phone. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Linda

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello lac1973

Thanks for your post 

Sorry to hear you are having the same issues with your telephone line 

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 

I will need to pass security first though to access your account 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be fantastic 

Hope to speak soon 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos