cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone downstairs, Hub upstairs

El-n-Hils
Joining in

Our main phone connection is downstairs near to the original location of our hub. We moved the hub upstairs to obtain better coverage but this means it is nowhere near the base unit for our phone.

Will we have to move the base unit of the phone to be nearer to the hub or is there some other solution? We do not want to move the hub as it is in the optimal position for wi-fi coverage in our house.

122 REPLIES 122

Thank you. I'll be in touch at the end of April.

"We can however install extensions in other rooms of your house that connect with the hub, so that you wouldn't need to run extension cables up and down stairs."

How are phones in other parts of the house connected to the hub, which is what I wanted to do in the first place?

"the install can be arranged FOC as part of the home phone changeover process."

So how come I was told I'd be charged £25 to move the hub to be with the phone?

Thanks for your response @PaulH2011

I can't say why you were quoted that amount, was this during the phone change over process that you were told this?

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks @yehudi, we can arrange this via the forums if you would like or you can also call into the team.

Regards,

Steven_L

Stephen - yes, see posts 12, 14 and 16 in this thread.

Thanks for your response @PaulH2011, would you like me to have a look into this further for you?

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks.  I would like to understand more of what you say in post 28: "We can however install extensions in other rooms of your house that connect with the hub, so that you wouldn't need to run extension cables up and down stairs."

Whilst moving the phone upstairs or the hub downstairs are options neither are ideal.

Thanks for coming back to us @PaulH2011.

What do you need to know about the extensions that we can offer to work with the phone line via your hub?

Regards,

Steven_L

Just what is involved i.e. equipment? Connections? Positioning?
Ideally it would be a box the telephone (land-line) plugged into downstairs, and another box upstairs that plugged into the hub phone socket.

Thanks for coming back to us @PaulH2011.

To be honest I dont know the equipment that would be involved as we only raise the orders from this team, the connections would be similar to the existing additional sockets that we supply for traditional landlines

The positioning of the sockets would be up to you and we could do one downstairs and another upstairs.

Regards,

Steven_L