cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone can't be near router

bix71
Joining in

It would be pointless to connect my phone such that phone is near router so I am looking for a solution. Currently Virgin cable comes into house and splits to Tivo box and to router. My solution is for cable to split outside house and come to tivo as at present but to run along wall outside for 10 feet and come in to router there. Neighbour has something similar. I'm sure this is feasible, but I just need Virgin to ANSWER THE PHONE!!!

16 REPLIES 16

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @bix71,

welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

We can certainly arrange an engineer to come to move this for you however there will be a £25 call out charge for this to be done.

I'll send you a pm to take your details so if you are happy for this charge to be added just reply to that and I'll have this arranged.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi all, 

just to update the thread an engineer has now been booked. This can be viewed or changed via your online account here.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

I need to cancel tomorrow's appointment but the online link to cancel just fails.

Hi @bix71, thanks for your post.

The whole community team are only in our working hours for the next 10 minutes, so I can't guarantee we'll be able to do this in time but let's see!

I'll need to pop you a PM to discuss this further. Please respond ASAP and if I get this in time I'll be able to get this sorted.

Many thanks

Tom_W

How do I see PM

Hi @bix71, thanks for your reply and also PM confirming details requested.

So sorry that I was unable to get back to you in time, it looks like the messages were assigned too late to me directly (even though you did send them before I finished).

I can see though that you seem to have got this all sorted by contacting us directly though, which is great news.

Please let me know though if you need any further help!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks for trying, I managed to get through by phone this morning to cancel. Basically we have a work round so we don't need to move the router.

However, completely unrelated, if I try to use my landline, whichever number I dial connects me to Virgin media. Any ideas?

Hi @bix71, thanks for your post again that's great stuff.

Very strange regarding the landline only calling Virgin Media, it's something I've never heard of before

Do you have an alternative landline device you can perhaps test this on at all, and perhaps try rebooting your landline handset to see if this resolved the issue?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Currently trying out different phones