cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An engineer

AaJenny
Tuning in

For the change over  do you have to book an engineer and if so do they have to enter your home as that isn't possible in my house at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your reply. 

I would not be able to have an engineer into my home as my elderly mother sleeps in the front room and is bed bound so unable to move. Having someone in the room to install this would cause her great distress and I do not want to do that. 

I also do not appreciate the threatening phone call I received today telling me you were going to cut my phone off. 

Thank you.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Aajenny,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your post.

Yes, an engineer visit would be required to switch you over to the VOIP landline service. The switch over involves having your landline service connected over fibre and through your Hub (or if you don't already have a Hub 3 or broadband, we'd come to install one for you). I'm afraid that we wouldn't be able to complete the switch over without coming into the property - we'd also be unable to keep your copper landline service running as we plan to change all customers over to VOIP landline by 2025.

Is there a specific reason why you're unable to have a technician in the house that we can do our best to help with? Of course, if you'd prefer not to say, that's absolutely fine. We just want to help.

Kind regards

Beth

Thank you for your reply. 

I would not be able to have an engineer into my home as my elderly mother sleeps in the front room and is bed bound so unable to move. Having someone in the room to install this would cause her great distress and I do not want to do that. 

I also do not appreciate the threatening phone call I received today telling me you were going to cut my phone off. 

Thank you.

Hi @AaJenny, thanks for your reply - you're welcome.

I understand this is difficult and appreciate your concerns. Unfortunately though, the home phone switchover is something that requires a technician visit to enable the phone line to continue working.

On the communications received, you should have been given a date that the switchover is due to happen, if a visit isn't booked by this time though then you will risk the phone line being inactive until we can fit this.

I do apologise for any distress this response may cause you, but please let us know if you need further help in booking this and we'll support you through the process.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thank you for your response again.

Well I suppose that I won't be able to have a land line anymore then. It is physically impossible to move my mother from the front room. She is also extremely clinically vulnerable.

In the emails I received, I was told the switchover would be in late May so why the phone calls now seem unnecessary.

Hi @AaJenny I'm sorry about this once again.

If that's the case then you'll still definitely have the usual landline set up until then, but once the date passes it will go inactive.

If though, you don't call us to physically disconnect the landline from your contract/package, you'll continue to be charged for the landline (even if it doesn't work) so this is something to bear in mind as the time approaches too.

The phone calls now, are just a courtesy to ensure anyone who isn't aware, has the time to sort the home phone switchover appointment out before their landline switches over to the fibre network.

Many thanks

Tom_W