Menu
VIPerson
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

willthe new sim work.....

.. in my Doro phone easy 614? I have been reading some of the posts and now getting worried that now I will have to buy a new phone just because Virgin say my reliable Doro is out of date. I depend on this phone as I am deafblind and need it for hospital appointments and contact with family and friends by text. Is there any way that I can keep this old sim working in my phone?

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: willthe new sim work.....

Hi there @VIPerson 

Thank you for your post. Sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the prospect of changing your SIM and handset. 

We can see if we are able to get this working on the handset. Have you tried to enter the new SIM in to the handset yet? Where was the phone purchased from? 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
VIPerson
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've just bought a Doro 7760 inserted the new sim and it keeps saying insert new sim! why do we have tp aay out when the pld sim cards were ok of us older folk I'm not happy at all with VM
0 Kudos
Hetty_R
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi VIPerson, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I can completely appreciate your frustration with this, but I'm afraid we have made changes to our network which means all our customers will need to do a sim swap eventually. 

I am more than happy to see what I can do to help get this resolved and have sent you a private message. Please reply when you can. 

Many thanks, 

Hetty 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos