cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

watching tv on mobile

jpmc1
Joining in

I want to watch now tv on my mobile using just the phone data not wifi, is this allowed and if so will it use up my data very quickly ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Android & Apple phones have a data counter which will itemise data usage app-by-app and break it down to mobile data/WiFi

You could try watching a bit of TV on your phone, and then monitor the amount of data used before & after.

The location of this menu differs between phone models & OS, but is generally under the network connection settings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jpmc1 

Welcome to the community forums

Streaming will use a lot of your mobile data yes. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thanks for reply. Is it fair to say 100gb wont last very long ?

This will all depend on your own personal usage and what definition/quality of videos you are streaming @jpmc1  On average, you're looking at around 40 hours of HD streaming with 100GB data. This will be considerable less with 4K streaming. We would not be able to guarantee how long your data will last and will be entirely down to your personal usage. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Android & Apple phones have a data counter which will itemise data usage app-by-app and break it down to mobile data/WiFi

You could try watching a bit of TV on your phone, and then monitor the amount of data used before & after.

The location of this menu differs between phone models & OS, but is generally under the network connection settings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks