cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail notfication but no voicemail

colintrundle
Tuning in

I have a new voicemail notification on my phone (Samsung Galaxy A32) but when I click on it to check there is no voicemail and I can't get rid of the notification. I've read a couple of solutions but they have not worked - going into my vocemail selecting option 3 then 1 to turn notifications of and on, restarting phone and deleting the cache in the app management setting.

Does anyone have any other suggestions please. The problem with constantly having the notification is that if I do get a voicemail message I won't know about it.

My wife has a very similar problem, but her phone actually rings once, then stops (at least a couple of times a day) and then she gets the voicemail notification but there is no voicemail. Each time she is called it is from a different number but if you search for who called me online it always comes back to a VM number.

7 REPLIES 7

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @colintrundle,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that there's a constant voicemail notification on your Samsung Galaxy A32 handset despite there being no voicemail there to listen to. Do any of the tips listed on Samsung's website help at all?

Regarding the number that's been contacting your partner, unless we've discussed and arranged to call you or you've recently put in a request to cancel then it's very unlikely that it'll be a genuine Virgin Media representative and instead someone spoofing one of our numbers to pose as us. Do they ever leave a voicemail? Is there any pattern to when the calls happen?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

colintrundle
Tuning in

Hi Zach,

thanks for the reply, no, the tips on the samsung site don't seem to have made any difference, the only other option was to turn voicemail notifications off which isn't very helpful.

The calls to my wife's phone occur randomly several times a day, every day (this has been going on for months now), after each call she gets a voicemail notification but like me she has no voicemail messages. We can' block the number because it's always a different number but always being supposedly from VM.

Hi @colintrundle,

Thank you for expanding on this. Have you tried any other steps not listed on the Samsung website to help attempt to remedy this?

If your partner able to set up their own account on the community forums and then post their own thread with their issues? We can then investigate further as to what's happening there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

colintrundle
Tuning in

Hi,

the only steps I've been able to find have been the same as the ones on the Samsung site.

Hi @colintrundle,

Is it possible to purposely leave a voicemail on the handset, and to then listen to and/or remove that voicemail as you would normally? This should hopefully help to push through that there are no outstanding voicemails to listen to.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Hi,

just tried that, I deleted my message but I still have the notification

Hi @colintrundle,

That's a shame to hear. The only other option at this stage is to perform a factory reset of the handset, but in doing this you'll also delete all content and settings on the handset as it'll revert it back to its original factory settings.

If you wish to proceed with that option, please ensure that your handset is completely backed up beforehand so that you can restore everything afterwards. If you fail to do this anything not backed up will be lost permanently and cannot be recovered.

Keep us posted.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team