Menu
kas14
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

vm connect

have been trying to install vm connect app on galaxy A3 mobile but keep getting switch on mobile data message even though it is on.tried reinstalling app but same result.any ideas 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: vm connect

Are you able to log into the connect app using your My Virgin Media login?

Is your WiFi on when you try to do this?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
kas14
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for response.The mobile data isnt working on my device steven.so this is preventing app connecting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If there is an issue with your data, you can logon using your ' My Virgin Media' login to connect with your hub, if you open the app and click on the broadband tab and it give you the option to log in using your online account details.

Please give this a try and let me know, how it goes.

Regards

Steven_L

Highlighted
kas14
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

hi Steven, that doesn't work as the app can't check sim.have a feeling the problem is with my mobile and not a vm issue. thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to try the sim card in another handset? This can help us determine if the issues are with the sim card or your handset.

If you can try in any other device, please try removing the app from your device and re-adding it.

If that doesnt work, please turn off your handset, take the sim card out, give it a quick wipe and return the sim and reboot the handset.

Please give this a go and see if they improve the situation at all.

Regards

Steven_L 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
kas14
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi steven tried all except sim in another device which im unable to do at this time.will try as soon as i able and let you know result thanks for your help 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Please keep us updated kas14.

Thanks

Steven_L

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@kas14 wrote:

hi Steven, that doesn't work as the app can't check sim.have a feeling the problem is with my mobile and not a vm issue. thanks

The way to get around the sim check is to turn off the phone > remove the sim card > restart the phone without the sim card present > go through the connect app setup process this time using your VM broadband primary username and password to authenticate the app and set up the hotspots etc.  Once you have set all this up turn the phone off and then reinsert the sim card and restart.  The VM connect app should then continue to work with your broadband credentials.

This is the process I use as i only have a VM payg sim and don't top it up frequently enough to validate the connect app.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped