Menu
tonycollis
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

virgin refusing to refund credit, but are discontinuing my service

how do you make a complaint to this appalling company; the site complaints link is not even active.

If no answer, shall I go straight to CISAs?

Customer services just hang up on me when I mentioned OFFCOM!

Is there a facilitator who can resolve this??

0 Kudos
Inferno
Up to speed
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin refusing to refund credit, but are discontinuing my service

The only way I have managed to get anyone at Virgin to speak to me is by asking (time and time again) that they raise a complaint, then a manager will eventually speak "at" you (not to you), if they don't simply hang up on you first.

If you don't agree with what they have to say, ask for a letter of deadlock, then you'll be allowed to take it to arbitration resolution: https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/complainnow/

Don't forget to report this to Ofcom as well - https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring - Virgin can't be allowed to continue this way.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

hard to support or advice with no details of the problem
0 Kudos
tonycollis
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

hello

please excuse my rant, at and about his dreadful company. They tell me that their new SIM card will not work in my phone, but refuse to return my credit balance! I have a PAC code, but f I use it then their conditions exclude refund of balance.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@tonycollis wrote:

hello

please excuse my rant, at and about his dreadful company. They tell me that their new SIM card will not work in my phone, but refuse to return my credit balance! I have a PAC code, but f I use it then their conditions exclude refund of balance.

That has always been the way on PAYG. 

You are contracted for a SIM card not a phone and as long as that card works in a suitable phone they have fulfilled their obligation

Any complaints to the regulator will fail.

ps. If you move make sure it is to a network that uses EE based SIM cards or you will have the same problem 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
michaelkay
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

You have to realise that Virgin media are an awful company who don't give a hoot about their customers.  They have the worst website and support facility I know of.  Nobody cares at all about you.  They stole £25 from my mother as she hadn't used her phone for 6 months and now they are effectively keeping the balance I have on my PAYG phone as their new SIM is 'not valid' in my old phone (now for emergency use anyway, but that's not the point).  When I bought a smart phone, I switched to Vodafone who have been everything Virgin has not.

Don't waste your time ringing them, you never get any meaningful help, just a chance to speak to someone miles away who doesn't care about you in the least.  Their website was designed to make finding any useful links practically impossible and is very badly designed and unappealing.  The script they read at you when you get through, is designed to make you get off the line.

VIRGIN MEDIA ARE THE WORST COMPANY I KNOW.  PERIOD.

tonycollis
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming this which echoes my own view. Except that I have just spoken with an "agent" who tried to help - must be new? A manager call-back is again promised..

We will see if that happens.

It is a similar problem, they only want to support 4G and mine is an old 2G phone. Vodafone have already sent a new SIm and the signal is much better.

I am also a pensioner and don't want to give Virgin over £25 for the pleasure of their stopping provision of service to my existing phone. By the way I don't agree with the other member and mine must be a "suitable" phone as it was locked to Virgin and I had to text to get a PAC code to move the number once this is sorted. Any independant adjudicator must find for me.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Tonycollis and welcome to our community.

If you've left us we cannot refund the credit on the account. Did you try to input an unlock code into the handset? What was the error message this showed? 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
tonycollis
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Dear Emily

I havn't left yet, precisely because I thought that would terminate the account. So the phone is still active,until the new SIM actually arrives, when it won't work.

The number is  [REMOVED].

I have used the unlock code, so that I can check signal strength inside of the house with new providers. There was no problem using it. I have not actioned the PAC yet, but have it ready to use if the network disconects me because of the old SIm.

I just need a refund of my credit, whilst the account is still live; it is £26.66. Then I can leave and it is all sorted out.

Can you help? I have sent a formal complaint by e-mail but that isn't even acknowledged yet.

Tony

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Please avoid posting information like your mobile number publicly on the forum.

As you've already tried the unlock code can we please confirm if you've been sent a replacement SIM card to see if this one works on the handset?

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos