Menu
kxtylou
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

virgin mobile are ripping me off - help ASAP please

hello,

i took a contract out with virgin on the 11th august 2020. it costs £37 a month for the iphone 11, apple watch, 1GB of data and unlimited calls and texts. on monday i noticed when i tried to make a call it would tell me that i did not have enough credit to make the call. i tried every solution i could find on this board and on google. 

i then got in contact with the virgin team on their test service help and i received 0 help i was back and fourth with multiple agents for days on end. they then told me that unlimited calls aren’t included in my plan. they told me to rectify this i had to either buy myself out of the contract or pay another £7 a month for a new sim whilst still paying for my current one.

i was so frustrated and as a young woman it’s dangerous to not be able to make calls incase of an emergency i was scared to leave my house as my phone is now useless to me. as i was getting nowhere with the texts messages i waited 45 minutes to get through to the call centre. i’m really bad with my nerves and the woman on the phone told me that i must buy it out or i have the option to put a spending cap on my phone and instead pay 58p for each minute of calls i make. she then offered me £20 curtesy credit to end the case. i was so frustrated and stressed i agreed to pay the 58p extra per minute just so my phone could finally function normally. 

ive now been sent a text saying i’ve already hit my £5 spending cap even though i’ve made no phone calls at all.

does anyone know what i could do? i’m not getting what i’m paying for at all and according to virgin i selected the data only plan even though it costs the same as the data with unlimited calls and texts and i know i didn’t do that because what’s the point in having a phone if i can’t call people? 

i’m so frustrated as i’ve got this phone for another three years 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin mobile are ripping me off - help ASAP please

My apologies for this.

I'll send you a PM so I can check what's happening

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"