cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin hub and my phone

pipbissell
Joining in

hi i have just had a hub installed 

i was told that my main phone needed to be plugged into the hub, my problem is the hub is upstairs and my telephone with answer phone is down stairs i had a extention cable between them which the engineer disconectedi assume if i connect the extention to the hub and move my phone down stairs it will work. ow heres the problem the socket downstairs is a old type socket with three wires blue to terminal 2, red to terminal 3 and white to terminal 5 

i have one of the small connector the same as the hub with loose ends what do i connect to my original wires. i have tried colour to colour and that dont work. any help would be appriciated

phil

4 REPLIES 4

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi pipbissell,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We can certainly get some additional wiring installed so you are able to keep your landline downstairs if this would be more convenient for you.

The other alternative option would be to get some new digital handset which do not require any additional wiring; however, this is only a suggestion. 

Please let me know if you would like me to arrange the additional wiring for you and I will pop you over a private message.

Kind regards Jodi. 

if you could it would be great

phil

Thanks for coming back to me Phil,

I will pop you over a private message to take some details and get this arranged for you.

Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi pipbissell

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign into My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.
Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment, so it is important to reschedule if needed.

Let us know how the appointment goes.

Take care.

Kind regards Jodi.