Menu
LimeTree
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

using mobile in France

Spoiler
I need to use my payg sim for prolonged periods in France due to covid - how do I stop it being deactivated?
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: using mobile in France

Hi LimeTree, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I can appreciate you're keen to keep using your PAYG number in France. 

As long as a PAYG number is used at least once every 90 days for a chargeable call, text or service then it will remain active. 

Have you had any issues using the services in France or been advised you need a new SIM? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
LimeTree
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I first received a text when I was in France (holiday home for prolonged period due to covid) that I needed a new sim to maintain services. I'm back in UK now & have been sent a sim (not changed it yet) & the letter with it states 'no changes to current plan or charges' but I've read that payg subscribers will be charged £2 for first 200 texts/calls. When in France I don't use my mobile much but I depend on it when travelling to & from UK & when in UK so I don't want to lose the service. My husband also has payg sim with Virgin, he is still in France & has received a text saying his balance is low (90p) but presumably still enough for the odd text. He is now unable to send or receive texts & if I try to call from my mobile there is a message saying his 'phone is switched off. How do we find out whether or not the 'phone has been de-activated & if it has is it still possible to top it up? Given that he has not received the same messages as me about a new sim how does he get one as he would like to keep his 'phone in service too?

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the information, if this has been deactivated we'd need to set up a new account.

To find this out you can simply try use the SIM card in a handset. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos