Menu
SemYall
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

useless customer service

So, we get the new sim, follow the instructions - carefully - copying down all contacts from the sim card to the phone and replace the card. Turn on the phone, up comes the message "subsidy password". Never heard of this one before! Log onto virginmedia website as per instructions and complete the form. Not heard a thing since. Message still there. Can;t use the phone to call people (contacts list now on phone) and no-one can call in. Oh yes, and Virgin say they will send me a text with the relevant information! Did I mention the phone isn't working? Tried to call customer support. After 1 hour gave up and came here, hopefully someone can help me. Now for the interesting bit. My phone still wants a "subsidy password", but a friend has lent me his old phone, and guess what, the new sim works! But of course, no contacts and I find it very difficult to use. I'm 83 years old and all this is really stressing me out. I need my old phone working so I can get my contacts list, I can't use my old sim because it comes up unregistered. Please, if someone out there knows how I can get some response fro Virgin then let me know. Thank you

0 Kudos
SemYall
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: useless customer service

Heres the latest - just been texting a machine for nearly an hour. Thought I was through to cust services on the mobile but after a while realised it was just a robot - why do companies do this?? it is so frustating

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: useless customer service

Hello SemYall

Thanks for your post on our Forums, Sorry to hear about the new sim not working

How are things looking now?

Just in case you need this looking at let me send you a private message to gain account details 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos