Menu
cnigel
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

slow mobile data at home

For some reason my mobile data at home goes up and down in signals, sometimes I get 2 4G bars, then 2 3G bars and then sometimes no service. It only happens at home and I have checked the coverage on the website but its perfect.

I have even contacted Virgin and they recommend that it could be the sim,  but the replacement sim they provided me with doesn't even work. It says no service once I put the new sim in. I went to a mobile repair shop and they told me it looks like a network issue but I contacted virgin and they just suggested a new sim.

I'm pretty much stuck with no internet at home. I guess one of the issues could be that I haven't updated to latest IOS on my phone but that isn't an explanation for no internet in one place. Its worked for ever at home and their hasn't been any changes in my area. Ive tried other sim cards as well and the internet works.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow mobile data at home

Thanks for the post Cnigel and welcome to our community.

Have you been in touch with the team since your post? 

It sounds like the new SIM may still need activating.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
cnigel
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

The issue has been resolved by Virgin, the sim wasn’t activated like you said. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Great to hear this has since been resolved, if you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to get back in touch with the community. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos