cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow 4g

Stu_H
Tuning in

Like many others, my mobile data speed has plummeted from 70 Mb/s to about 2 Mb/s.  I assumed it was because work was being done on the transmitter, which is on a block of flats about 300m away, and which I have clear line of sight to.

Someone replied it was because of a reorganisation of transmitters and vodafone, but that's not a whole lot of use.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jb66 wrote:

You were probably with EE and now your with vodafone, this will be the normal for you now

Just like ir was normal for some other people on here who had someone on Vodafone next to them getting 20 times the speed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You were probably with EE and now your with vodafone, this will be the normal for you now

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jb66 wrote:

Just like ir was normal for some other people on here who had someone on Vodafone next to them getting 20 times the speed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

So the only 'fix' for better speeds is to ditch Virgin Mobile and head for another provider, but not vodafone

Actually, using the MastData app. I'm connected to O2, and my RSSI is -101dBm (High Average). 

So doesn't explain why the data bandwidth is so low.

... and appears to be nothing to do with Vodafone.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well Vodafone is Virgin's signal supplier. People on Volt Packages use O2 but then they have an O2 SIM

Unless, Virgin are doing something in the background of which we are unaware 

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you a virgin mobile customer or a o2 customer for mobile?

Virgin customer, I guess it's quite an old SIM though. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Stu_H, 

Thank you for your post and I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your service, how long have you had your SIM?

How long has the issues with the speeds being slow been happening? 

Zoie

The loss of speed has happened within the 6 weeks or so (I had assumed it was because of work being done to the transmitter on a nearby block of flats). 

My SIM is from October 2018.