Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

sim not woking no phone for over a week

I put my new SIM  in my phone, and I got asked to enter a SIM network unlock PIN.

I put in the code on the SIM card holder and it did not work, I have now got 3 try’s left.

So I went to the virgin media unlock website and entered all the details needed, and was informed that I will receive a SIM code within 72 hours

That was last Tuesday (2/03/2020), and on Wednesday the day after my old SIM card stopped working.

I was not informed I would lose my phone and I a pretty angry about it, but not as much as my boss is. Due to the current situation I have been working from home, and had a extremely  important meeting to attend on the phone with my boss and a customer.

Due to virgin effectively cutting my phone of with out warning, this meeting could not take place, and my cost our company financially. My boss is now looking into if she can take some action on this as she is so **bleep** off,

She is already suing virgin for billing her for six months while been disconnected, so she not that happy with virgin anyway and this has now made things worse, she is bat **bleep** crazy and I really could have done without this crap.

I rang virgin media mobile and they said that my form I hand filled in was been processed, but that was last week and I have not heard anything at all. I tried ringing again but I keep getting disconnected.

I guess virgin don’t want my custom any more. So I guess I will have to find a new mobile provider.

I also understand that the current situation is making things a bit more difficult, which is why I don’t understand why you could have moved this SIM update to a time when you could handled any situations like mine more effectively, instead of cutting my phone of at a time when I need it more than I have ever needed a mobile before.

I really need to get my mobile working again now so is there a code for this SIM or is it broken? Or should I just find a new mobile provider if that would be quicker.

Rick..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: sim not woking no phone for over a week

Reading what you have written the phone itself is network locked. 

Was the phone bought from Virgin or elsewhere?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I got the phone over a year ago off a friend, and it worked fine with the previous virgin mobile Sim card all that time, so the phone was not network locked before with the old virgin Sim card.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

And was your friend on EE or one of its MNVOs such as BT, Plusnet or ASDA.?

A phone locked to any of them would still work with the Old Virgin cards 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos