Menu
mikewgray
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

sim not valid

Problem that many customers seem to have, new sim in old NOKIA phone message sim not valid.  Is there a solution?

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: sim not valid

Evening Mikewgray, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry that you're having an issue with the new SIM cards and your current phone, this isn't good. 

I have tried to find your account using the details you joined the community with but sadly I've been unable to do so. 

If the SIM isn't valid with your current handset then we would try and provide an unlocking code to resolve this, in the case that doesn't work then we'd be able to discuss a more personalized resolution with you directly. 

Has this been resolved since your post? 

If not then please let us know and we can discuss it further via a personal message. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
mikewgray
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

First, thanks for responding. No the mobile isn't working I have tried various times with the new sim over a period of weeks, the phone now appears useless. It would appear that others are having the same problem with no solution.  I have credit left on the phone but cannot use it will this credit be refunded? As I need a mobile and Virgin have no shops open and are practically impossible to contact I have moved providers. I am totally disgusted with Virgin.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I do apologise. 

If an unlock code has been entered many times then this can cause the phone to become bricked. 

We can have a closer look and get this sorted, but to do this I'll need to pop you a personal message and take some details first. 

I'll do this now and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos