cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim not provisioned

vince1175
Tuning in

hi all, have inserted new virgin sim in sumsung s20fe phone, and waited for transfer of old number from o2. have waited over 20 hours and all my phone say's is sim not provisioned. the thing is my o2 sim when put back in say's no network so i have now got no phone at all. i have tried turning off and restarting several times and each time it says refreshing sim and drains my battery by 10% and then comes up with the same notification. I have no other phone to try sim out on. Please can anyone help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi vince1175, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If the number is still in the process of being transferred, the O2 SIM may have already been deactivated. 

As enlli has advised, there is a cut off before the weekend for porting numbers over to ourselves which does mean that the number will not go live until Monday. Our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. 

If you are still having issues after this time, we would ask that you get back in touch. 

Thank you, 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi vince1175, 

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

In order for us to assist further, can you please confirm the following for me?

When was the PAC submitted to ourselves? 

Is the handset unlocked to our network?

Has your SIM been activated? 

Let us know and we will be able to assist further. 

Thank you, 

Nat

hi Natalie_L
The pac code was submitted over 24 hours ago and i received a text message saying it was confirmed. the handset is unlocked to any network, I do not know if the sim has been activated as the letter that came with it states that it was all set up. I phoned the helpline last night to check about old o2 number and was told to get pac number and let them know which i did. They set up for the transfer for today but all i get is what i wrote above. hope this helps.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the PAC code was submitted after 5pm Thursday it would have missed the cut off deadline for Friday. Numbers are not transferred Sat and Sun so it would be Monday

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

so why did they tell me it would be transfered today and why can i not get a network when i reinsert my o2 sim card.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi vince1175, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If the number is still in the process of being transferred, the O2 SIM may have already been deactivated. 

As enlli has advised, there is a cut off before the weekend for porting numbers over to ourselves which does mean that the number will not go live until Monday. Our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. 

If you are still having issues after this time, we would ask that you get back in touch. 

Thank you, 

Nat

Thanks Nat for your reply. I whish they had told me that on the phone last night but heh ho these things happen. Thankyou for your help, hopefully everything will be ok come monday evening.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We apologise for the adviser not making this clear on the call, this is not what we would expect. 

We will be here to help on Monday if you need any further assistance 🙂 

Have a lovely weekend.

Nat

Just an update in case it helps anyone else, it turns out virgin never activated the sim card so I had no phone all weekend until 19:25 tonight when i called them and they activated it. Mind you it was a lovely quite weekend ha ha.

Hi there @vince1175

Thank you so much for updating us and I am so sorry to hear that this has not been activated, I am glad that this has now been corrected however. 

Just to make sure, is everything now resolved for you? 

Thank you.