Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

sending multiple texts

I have a problem where my phone is sending multiple texts to recipient. 6 or 7 times. I am virgin mobile SIM only and have just changed my phone from blackberry Keyone to a key2, moving the sim card across, both are android. Problem has started since new phone. I have tried different apps, checked settings, re-inserted SIM, everything . The recipient receives text straight away but it still shows "sending" in the app. I receive texts back OK. They are showing in my bill as 7 sent texts - so good job I am on unlimited. All else on phone is working fine !

Any help please. No response from virgin customer service chat etc...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: sending multiple texts

Hi there, 

This sounds like a device specific issue rather then a network related fault. 

Can I ask if you got the phone through Virgin Media or via a third party? 

Having taken a look, can I suggest that you follow these instructions: 

Settings -> Storage -> Cached data; clear and reboot

If this doesn't help, I'd consider deleting the message thread and starting again. 

I hope this helps

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Edward, no the phone was purchased from Amazon directly.Will try your suggestion. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Deleting the message chat stops the texts sending, but this is happening with all contacts not just one. Happens next time chat is started anyway. I cannot find an option on android to delete the cache. Will keep looking. Thanks

Could it be a problem with the SIM card. Can I get a replacement somehow ??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Doubt very much it is the SIM, getting a replacement at the moment may be difficult.

Could try a different messaging app and see what happens.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have cleared the cache and app data, reset and it is still doing it. I have previously tried deleting my original app (call blacklist pro) and using another. Now on android delivered Messages. Just tried it sending to my wife and it is still happening.

Thanks for your help, I'll just use WhatsApp or email for now and try in time to get a new sim.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi again. The SIM status does not have a phone number showing and in message settings, advanced there is no number.

I am wondering if the problem is that my SIM was originally issued from virgin so that I could port my number across to it from O2. In other words my SIM card does not have a number attached to it. Does this make sense ? I am clutching at straws as I have tried everything I can find via Google searchad changing the SIM is the only last thing really.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

My SIM card does not have a number attracted. Have to admit I am on Vodafone, but not seeing a number is common on Android 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, no  further progress today on this problem, but now also trying the crackberry forum. I even tried sending a text to myself to see what happened. As expected I got the text almost immediately, but it still showed as "sending" to me and sent it 4 times. Deleted all message apps and tried installing one at a time. No joy, same problem. Make sense of that ? Phone sends text to itself  but doesn't think it has sent it !?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have had the same problem since January, when BlackBerry did a system update. They have had my phone in to repair it and sent it back with exactly the same issue. I think it is a BlackBerry problem because my SIM works fine in every other phone I have tried it in. BlackBerry customer services have 'escalated' my case to the 'upper level' whatever that means - they did that a month ago and still have not told me what they are trying to do. Suggest you log a call with BlackBerry customer services and take it from there.

PS I should have also said that I have had my Key2 for over a year and it had been working absolutely fine up until this point, with exactly the same SIM in it.

0 Kudos