Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

registering for online mobile account

I find interacting with Virgin Mobile very frustrating. My current frustration with VM is around trying to help my wife set up a on-line account. My wife and I both have Virgin Mobile accounts. I have an on-line account and I am trying to set my wife up with an on-line account as well. What is really frustrating is that at the beginning of the process it asks for a 'secret answer'. We didn't know what the 'secret answer' was, so we ended up being locked out after a couple of incorrect guesses. We dialled 789 as suggested on the website. We were on hold for over 40 minutes. When we finally got to speak to someone at VM they said the 'secret answer' was my wife's password. So, after waiting 24 hours to be allowed to have another go (I mean seriously, which companies lock their customer out for 24 hours? This is just totally ridiculous) we entered my wife's password and we were locked out again for 24 hours. Clearly the 'secret answer' isn't my wife's password. We know her password is correct as it was used to identify her when we spoke to someone at VM.

How difficult is this?

I would be very grateful if someone can tell me an easy way to resolve this that does not involve phoning 789 and being on hold for 40 minutes plus, only to be told the wrong advice again?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: registering for online mobile account

Hi dazx,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry you've been having problems setting up your wife's online account with the details that you've been told. I can appreciate you really want to get this sorted out now.

I'd like to help you and make sure you can set this up, so I'll pop you a private message now.

I'll speak to you there.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos