Menu
luxor123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

refund

When you sent out the new sim cards in( sept I think)  the sim did not work on my mobile  but kept asking for network settings I was unable to obtain this from your team and the mobile was locked  since then I have had no mobile but have now managed to unlock it but it shows emergancy calls only  what has happened to the  £8.86p that was left on the sim card, Are you going to return it to me as I did not asked to be moved to a new network in the first place and feel it should be returned to me via a cheque or put back on my old sim card. An answer would be helpful  thank you  

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: refund

hoe long was ago was the sim last used to make a paid call or txt. as per the T&C if you do not use the phone for 180 days i think any credit will be lost
0 Kudos
luxor123
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thanks but cou;d not use the phone as virgin locked it

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin locked it how?
If you had an old sim card they would have sent you a new one
0 Kudos
luxor123
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

dont know how they locked it but it just said mobile locked they have not sent me a new sim card seems I have lost over £8 robbery by a large company impossible to contact them and speak to a person been trying for ages  have almost given up but not quite hoping virgin mobile customer service will do the decent thing and contact me;  Well I can always hope 2021  ?????

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The phone would have been networked locked, almost certainly to EE as the original SIM cards were effectively rebadged EE. The new cards are Virgin's own so won't work without it being unlocked. It would be the same if you had put in say a O2 or Vodafone SIM.

It would still quite happily work on an EE based SIM such as 1p Mobile or Plus net. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
luxor123
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thanks will give it a try

0 Kudos