Menu
headchef2112
Tuning in
Message 1 of 31
Flag for a moderator

receiving calls from the wife

Since moving from o2 to virgin my wife is unable to call me from her personal 02 phone, always being told the call has failed. However from her work phone (or if fact other peps) no probs at all. Help

0 Kudos
ashpole
Dialled in
Message 2 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: receiving calls from the wife

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 31
Flag for a moderator

When you port from provider A to provider B, routing data is placed on the core/central network of both providers as mobile networks route calls based on network-allocated prefixes.

Provider A will receive calls from other operators and need to forward them to provider B. Provider B wants to avoid sending calls from within their own network, to provider A but instead keep them on-network.

In your case, it's likely provider A's data that needs correcting but as you are now with provider-B, it's upto them to resolve it. Checking that the theory of "all calls from provider A are affected" is often an excellent start in these scenarios, and will establish whether this is the correct course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi @headchef2112

Thanks for posting on the community forum! 

I've looked into this on my part and all of the details to do with the SIM etc are fine, nothing at all suggests to me a reason as to why your wife shouldn't be able to call you successfully. It looks to be an issue with the 02 phone itself so I'd suggest having a look into this, let me know how it goes.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
headchef2112
Tuning in
Message 5 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Travis, Thanks for your reply. Just awaiting a new sim card from o2 as they don't have a clue why this is occurring at all. So once it has arrived and has replaced the old sim will keep you updated as too if this has fixed the problem or not.

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi @headchef2112

Perfect, let us know how that goes.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
headchef2112
Tuning in
Message 7 of 31
Flag for a moderator

New o2 sim card still having the same issue. She can txt me but not call and I can call txt etc to her number. Strange. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 31
Flag for a moderator

As @japitts mentioned this has all the hallmarks of a routing problem on the core networks and nothing to do with handsets or SIM cards.

Sadly, it will be the last thing Virgin looks at. Yet you would think by now they know the answer seeing it had happened on several occasions in exactly the same circumstances 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @headchef2112

Cheers for much for popping back after your wife has tried the new SIM. 

I assure you that all checks have been done this end and no issues are showing with your port; all data seems to be with us when we check with the porting team. 

Is your wife able to call other numbers on our network? Is it only your number she cannot dial? 

One check we would like if for you to please delete the contact from your phone and re-add it for us. Also, if you are using an iphone, can you check your settings?

Phone Settings> Settings>  Phone> My number 

Does it show as SIM number or your ported number? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
ashpole
Dialled in
Message 10 of 31
Flag for a moderator

@Katie_WT Messing with settings on people’s phones can be a real pain for them. In this case, why not just have the customer turn off their phone removing it from the network? That way if his wife still can’t call him it eliminates device setting issues and proves the network can’t route the call.

I had the same issue which took three weeks to resolve, it was an error in the porting.
0 Kudos