cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem receiving calls abroad

colshaws
Joining in

I have just arrived in Ireland, I can make outgoing calls but when my phone rings and I answer I am not connected to the caller in the uk although the call timer shows I am connected. I have data roaming  turned on and I have used thisphone in Ireland before with no problems.

136 REPLIES 136

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi colshaws

Have you powered the phone down then back on and tried a manual Network search 

Are you able to send and receive Text Messages okay? 

Gareth_L

yes , powered down and back on, I have tried on different networks but all the same,I can dial out and talk no problem but if I get an incoming call it rings but when I answer it I can not talk to or hear the caller,text messages are fine.

Thanks for coming back to us @colshaws. What is the signal level that you have, when getting these calls?

Do you have any call barring set onto your account?

When was the last time that you got a new sim card?

Regards,

Steven_L

Signal is good, no problem calling out, same SIM card for years but had no problem when I was here in Ireland 2 months ago

Thanks for your response @colshaws.

I can take a further look into this from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message.

I will drop the message over in a moment, please look out and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks 

The message should be with you now @colshaws.

Thanks

Steven_L

I have replied via PM

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @colshaws.

I have reset the settings on both handsets, please can you turn off off both handsets and reboot them to see if this resolves anything.

Regards,

Steven_L