Menu
Annoyed73
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

postcode request failed

Afternoon,

I am a very confused, frightened, highly anxious 73 year old who has had a text to say that my mobile phone will be cut off in 30 days. I know that I failed to send you my postcode, each time you asked, but I was scared that it was a scam. I am getting more and more upset that I cannot seem to solve this problem. My daughter helped me set up an account (I do not have internet access myself) but she cannot find any page that seems to help with this. I rang 789 and got told to check the website! I feel like this will never be resolved.

Please help.

0 Kudos
pumas
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: postcode request failed

It is not a scam, Virgin are changing something, don't know what! I couldn't find info easily.

From my own experience of PAYG:

Virgin are replacing Sim cards and need to send you a new one. As your daughter has set up an account, she may be able to initiate the process, I'm sure I did that for one of mine, or you can still send the Postcode. The request does seem odd as it doesn't give Virgin the address.

When you insert the new card and it is initiated, your old card won't work.If you have contacts etc., that you don't want to lose, make sure they are copied from the 'old' sim to the phone.

HOWEVER, if your phone wasn't bought through Virgin, e.g. Argos, unknown to you, it may be locked to EE network, so you may get asked for a NETWORK KEY. (not to be confused with Unlock code, Unblock code, Sim code). The phone won't work until the Network Key and Service Provider code are entered. You'll need another phone to ring 789(Virgin) or 03456000789(chargeable) to get them.

0 Kudos
Hetty_R
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Annoyed73,

Welcome to our community forums! 

I am really sorry to see you've been having some problems getting a replacement sim card 

Can you confirm whether you've managed to speak with our mobile team now? If not please let us know and we will be more than happy to look into this for you. 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Annoyed73
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have NOT been able to speak with anyone in the mobile team.
(I keep trying the phone number but still not getting anywhere)
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Annoyed73

Thanks for coming back to us.

My apologies for the delayed reply. I'll send you a PM now. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos