Menu
ploppy22
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

phone no longer shows my contacts name on calls or texts.

Hi 

I have a problem with my mobile phone.

Ever since I moved to virgin my phone no longer shows my contacts name on calls or texts. 

Also when people call me the ring tone that they hear sounds like i’m abroad,sadly i’m not.

I have called numerous times and changed various settings it lasts for a while then goes backs to no i.d. on caller etc.

Have called apple also (xsmax) and changed settings again worked for a day or two but then stopped. 

Apple say it’s network issue virgin say it’s phone issue.

The phone was fine when on o2 for two previous years.

please help!

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: phone no longer shows my contacts name on calls or texts.

Common problem with iPhones ever since Virgin decided to use Belgian SIM cards. The two don't play nice together.

You can try this

Go to: Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

Tap manual -> then choose National.

Mmake sure your numbers are set to the correct format. If not change region to anything other than UK (Settings -> General -> Language and Region -> Region) and then change back to UK region.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ploppy22
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you that seems to be working for now!

If it goes back do you think a new sim would help?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Afraid not. It is the way these SIM cards are programed. Been that way since they were introduced.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ploppy22

Sorry to hear of the issues with your SIM card and contacts on your iPhone. We appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

Really great to see enlli has come to the rescue again and offered a resolution that has worked for you. We've fed this back to the team who are already aware of the issue and working on a fix, if you need us again in the future please just pop back here and let us know.

Rob

0 Kudos