Menu
Speckyspeck
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

payg phone not working

Dear virgin mobile

please can you help.

my elderly dad has a Nokia mobile phone for emergency’s, and he had the message SIM card registration failed.

as he is elderly and the account is in my name, I contacted virgin,last week  and they said they would send a new sim , and that it would work and as he has got credit on his account to use up.

Th sim arrived and now says sim not valid. I have contacted virgin mobile again today and they said the new sim will not work as my dads phone is old and does not have 4g capabilities, and to go and buy a new phone.

Due to us being in lockdown, I am unable to visit my elderly father  to help him and feel I should not have to buy him a new mobile phone.

My dad is getting quite upset that’s he has no mobile phone to use.

I have noticed on a previous post, virgin mobile supplied a new phone for a customer.

Can you do the same now????????

please help  Virgin mobile- this phone is only for my dad to call for help in an emergency

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: payg phone not working

Hi Speckyspecky, 

I am really sorry for the delay in replying, we have been  busier than usual. 

I do apologise that there has been some issues with the SIM card and your fathers phone, I can appreciate any upset caused. 

We can certainly take a look into this and see what we can do to help, I'll need to take some details via a personal message first though and take it from there. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos