cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parked order

pinniewoo
Tuning in

So like many others it would seem I ordered a phone last night, was given a delivery date of tomorrow and entered all my bank details etc. I received the email with the link that goes no where....doesn't even work..."we need more information" . Surprise my order is parked!!!

I have a virgin media broadband package account and have done for some time, this is the main reason I decided to sign up for mobile with them, so realistically what needs verifying??

I have called this morning and after much going round and round in circles was told by lady that my order is with the back office team?? Within 24 to 48 hours they will call me to agree my credit agreement. I replied that no where whilst I was clicking through the agreement did I see this information and that basically my delivery date was a lie....

I said if I am not called by this evening I will be calling again to cancel the whole thing. She assured me that she will put updates on my account to let the back office team know this?? Then she tried to talk me into putting another one or 2 sim only deals onto my account....really?? I mean really?? 

Anybody else been called back?? I'm starting to think I should just call and cancel. Does anyone know a number I can ring, as I seem to get stuck in an automated loop as I don't have an account as yet.

Any help please? Thanks

158 REPLIES 158

Lexiss
Tuning in

I'm still waiting for a response after ordering a phone that was supposed to be delivered Friday. When I click the link it says they need further information and someone will be in touch within 24 hours, we are now fast approaching 96 hours with no call. 

Interestingly I went through the same process with my husband's phone a few weeks ago and was told nobody could even cancel the order because the order didn't exist as it was with the "back room" but I couldn't speak to them because it was out of office hours. We gave up and ordered the phone directly from apple in that case only to receive a mail at 4am that morning telling us the virgin phone had been approved! Luckily once it was approved the order could be cancelled. 

It's appalling customer service full of lies and misleading information, I was told my credit must be bad (my experian rating is 999) & I've been a loyal virgin media customer for broadband for over 10 years. 

I guess the prices are really too good to be true and this is how they avoid committing to them. 

Thanks for your reply.

I called back this afternoon and said I wanted to cancel the order completely. I don't want to be hanging around for days waiting for a call. I was told she can put a ticket in for the back office team to call me in 3 hours. I said no as if this was the case why not call me in 3 hours anyway???? And I don't believe someone will call. I will just purchase a phone outright. I then got the I can offer you a SIM only deal on a 12 month contract. I refused. 

At the end of a 39 minute call I was told she has put in a ticket with the back office to cancel my order, but it can take up to 48 hours for them to cancel???? I made sure I got a reference number. 

I only opted for this as the offer was on my broadband account page as offers for me??? Ridiculous. Like you say too good to be true. So now I'm left waiting for 48 hours to check this non existent order is cancelled.

Hi Pinniewoo, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry that your order was parked and for the trouble you've had getting to the bottom of what's happened. 

I can assure you this ins't the level of service we aim to provide and it's disappointing to learn of instances like this. 

Did the agent on the phone advise why the order has actually been parked? 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi Emma

Thanks for your reply. No she didn't. I have since rung to cancel the whole order and have still not heard anything from the "back office team"

Most disappointing.

Really sorry about this and for any disappointment caused. 

We'd love to have you back in the future, if you do need any help please let me know. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

I'm still waiting, over 96 hours now since the link claimed I would receive a call within 24. 

As I am not desperate for a new phone this time (my husband's was broken so we needed a replacement quickly) I thought I'd let this play out but I am fast heading towards cancelling, obviously virgin would prefer me to go elsewhere. I'd just be slightly bemused by being refused credit at £24/month. 

I'm curious though how many people this is happening to, surely there has to be some kind of regulation of this, particularly the order completion part where all seems to be fine until you get the "parked" email and you realise the phone you just thought you ordered will not be arriving tomorrow as promised.

I would have thought the system should warn you of this earlier and not allow you to complete the order. 

I did say this to lady on the phone. Basically I was told a lie....if I hadn't had phoned at all I would still be expecting my new phone tomorrow, clearly that's not the case. It's like let's get as many people signed up as we can and then trawl through all the orders accepting or declining. 

I've still not had any return phone call or email whatsoever despite now advising them I wish to cancel. 

I'm glad I looked through the forum last night there seems to be lots of people in this same situation but many haven't then given an update. Maybe they are still waiting also. 

I hope you get sorted.

Hi Lexiss, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry you're still waiting to hear back about your order, I can appreciate you're keen to know what's going on. 

I'd love to help therefore I'll pop you a personal message and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Is there anyway you could help me to find out what went wrong with my order please Emma? I would very much like to know if I was going to be turned down and why??