Menu
memphisbloke
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

number transfer

My mobile contract expires in 2 months. Can I get a sim-only sim card deal and transfer my existing mobile phone number to it and use it immediately and just let the monthly contract run down? Thanks

0 Kudos
Amran
Dialled in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: number transfer

Hi,

it depends are you with virgin mobile for your mobile contract currently now? If you are then you can just contact virgin mobile and tell them you would like a sim only deal when your contract is due for upgrade, if it is on another network wait till your contract about to expire and contact your mobile provider and request a pac code/stac code once you got pac code/stac code you select the sim Package you would like and provide your stac code/ pac code and sign up for it, number wouldn’t transfer straight away I believe it take around 2 working days I may be wrong but someone can correct me

0 Kudos
memphisbloke
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thx,

Yes I'm on Virgin and staying with Virgin

0 Kudos
Amran
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Oh perfect so it gonna be simple when it comes to your upgrade date all you have to do is call virgin media up and tell them you would like sim only deal 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi memphisbloke,

as far as I am aware you can't transfer numbers between the same operator. You would need to transfer your current number to a PAYG sim with another operator and then transfer it back in using a PAC to your new Virgin number

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you are on a Freestyle Contract the SIM will remain a 30 day rolling contract, effectively SIM only. A new SIM only will be 12 months but you will be able to keep both the present SIM and the number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
memphisbloke
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Could I do it early though like get the sim now and transfer the number immediately?  Obviously paying the contract till it runs down and the sim payment simultaneously.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you are freestyle you can upgrade the SIM element when you want.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos