Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

no signal at home indoors after changing from PAYG to pay monthly

I have recently changed from PAYG to pay monthly , same phone same sim , same number , I can make calls but the signal is so weak any incoming calls go straight to voicemail, I have changed the voicemail settings a couple of times and changed from 4g to 3g and 2g and back to 3g and still no incoming calls phone shows 1 or zero blocks indoors 2-3 blocks in garden , I have tried all the tricks , restart, aeroplane mode on/off etc nothing makes a difference , normally this would not be much of a problem but due to lockdown etc it is becoming critical , the virgin signal strength map is wildly inaccurate whereas the offcom map shows reasonable signal indoors with 4g on EE ( probably 800 band which VM can't use) and a less good signal without 4g , the other networks are no better , an old samsung G 600 I dug out has no problems it is 2g only but I can't see any way to set my phone to 2g ONLY for calls , open signal shows 3 masts within range none with a strong signal . any ideas?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: no signal at home indoors after changing from PAYG to pay monthly

Hey blodwyn_Blod,

Sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your mobile service.

Have your services improved since you last posted or if not and you would like me to take a look to see if there are issues. Please respond to my private message and we can get this looked into further.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos