Menu
suechapman
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

no signal and spend cap text

hello

im looking for some help for my dad 

he has been using his new purple sim card for quite some months now without any problems until the past week or so where his phone keep says emergency calls only , i have looked on the ee site and they are saying they have some outages in his area where he lives so im putting that down to that but yesterday he got a bit of a signal and before it dropped out again he got a text from virgin saying that he had hit his spend cap which is set at 6.00 which is what he pays for his monthly package but what i dont understand is how that can happen when he hasnt been using his phone due to no signal and before that when he used his mobile data he turns it straight off after he has used it 

can anyone help me out on here or maybe private message me and see if you can look into his account for me i only have his phone number and address as he doesnt have an online account set up 

cheers sue x

0 Kudos
suechapman
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

no signal still in LE10 0SD

My dad has been without a signal now for over a week in his house postcode area LE10 0SD 

EE site just keeps saying they are having a problem but with no fix date 

this service is disgusting to be honest for a pensioner to be left without a working mobile phone at home and no one seems to be bothered 

i have posted on here about this before but as of yet no response or help from any member of the virgin team , cant go in to shop as virgin shops are closed and not reopening and getting through to speak to some one at virgin is another ridiculous thing aswell ...lets blame it on covid19 they keep saying 

if this doesnt get resolved i will be telling my dad to move to another provider 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: no signal still in LE10 0SD

Sadly, Virgin can do nothing about your Signal problems as EE are fully aware and logged it as such on their fault checker.

If your father is on contact then maybe he could get a rebate on his payments, if PAYG then I'm afraid not.

You are free, of course, to change supplier but if you are not happy with Virgin then I would suggest keeping clear of any network that runs on EE

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos