Menu
Madmac1977
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

no 4g in tablet

i reventy bought a dual sim tablet which is meant for phone and tablet use only to find that the sim that i refceived on monday last week to be  not picking up signal yet despite being told it was ativitated and also i got a new sim today  04/08/20 only to be told it was not registered.  once registered told that it would connect up to 4g setting only found it has not i am a vulnerable adult whom relies upon his tablet for everything from ordering prsctiptions thorugh to ordering food and chatting with support workerks.  I am getting very frustrated as i have found that the tablet does not pick up ee soignal but birgin 3g and this is survife however ti can not get the apn and the virgin shops are now shut due to covid 19 and i have tried to use all the settings and textring 789922 not to get a reply.  Plus the signal for my sim is so intermittent that i am thinking of leaving virgin mobile and go to 3 any advice

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: no 4g in tablet

Hi Madmac1977,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you are having issues using the SIM and service. Are you able to clarify the following:

You stated that you have two SIM cards from us? Only one of these will work if these SIM cards are for the same number.

The the 4G service will work, whether the SIM is registered or not, so long as the SIM is active and you have a compatible device. However if you would like to register online, it can be done here https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/registration

Is the tablet showing connected to the Virgin network in the network settings?

The APN settings may not automatically download for the tablet, however you can try to reset the network or APN settings within the tablet's network settings menu. If not then you may need to enter the settings manually, depending on the make/model of the device.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos