Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

new virgin sim not recognised. cannot contact Customer care and virtual support no use for this

New Virgin sm sent to replace old one,Have set up and used it, but yesterday received text from Virgin saying to insert new sim or i will be cut off?  Virtual support doesnt get it and unable to get in touch with customer care. what now?  will i be cut off and lose my £32? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: new virgin sim not recognised. cannot contact Customer care and virtual support no use for this

Thanks for the post and welcome to our community.

We would need to get an unlock code for the handset you're using to try get the new SIM card working, I'll pop you over a private message now so we can get this for you.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: new virgin sim not recognised. cannot contact Customer care and virtual support no use for this

I have had the same problem.  The new sim locked my phone and I need the password.   (a Samsung GT  S3100)   I have told various Virgin people but none have suggested they could get the password, and so I agreed to have a new phone.  This means I have lost all my contact numbers.

Can you tell me why you say you can get the password for some people but not for me.  This is causing me a lot of problems as I have various health issues and cannot go out.

C. A. Read.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the post CaroleR.

If you spoke to the team and provided them your IMEI number of the handset they would have looked for this. For some old handsets they don't actually have an unlock code which is when we would offer the free handset which it sounds like you were given.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

PAC number

I am finding being without a mobile difficult and if I do not have one by the end of the week will give up and go out and get a new one.

I believe I will  have to ask Virgin for the PAC number to keep my mobile number.  Can you tell me now whether, if I do that,,I  get will  rthe number  from Virgin?

Ofcom say this is what I should do.

Thanks

Carole Read

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update, if you'd prefer to leave us this is your decision Carole. 

To request a PAC code you can text PAC to 65075 or you can do so on your online account or by calling on 789/0345 600 0789.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Do you still have the old sim?

I've been able to access the old sim in the old phone, copied contacts on phone(if your contacts are all on sim, you won't need to do this) to sim, inserted the old sim in new phone and copied the contacts from the old sim to the new phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: new virgin sim not recognised.

Dear Emily

It is not a question of 'preferring to leave' .  I have been left with none of my contact numbers, and in this difficult time when I need to be able to at least speak to people on the phone with none of my contact phone numbers and with people phoning me maybe and not knowing that the phone is not working.  As i have told you I am 74 and need my contacts for these reasons and for health reasons.

It has been and is extremely distressing.   And how can I and others text  (what's this now?)when our phones are not working? 

I have not been able to get on to the usual page - is this new - or something Virgin has done to prevent me communicating?  I shall wait until Friday to see if the new phone promised arrives..

As I have said before, I realise you are in the hands of the Virgin management, who are responsible for causing many many people like me extreme distress and given  that many are old, like me, management should hope their actions do not lead to more serious conseqences, such as people not being to contact health services and family when they are seriously ill.

Carole Read

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re your previous emails , advising me to text for my PAC code and 'call ' 789/03456000789

Virgn's  initial promise to send me a new phone. 

a.  the new phone has not arrived

b.  I cannot text PAC to 65075 or get any messages on my phone because the new sim sent to me has locked my phone as I have told Virgin since this started..    

c.  I rang the number you gave ,which I assume is a landline phone number on my landline,, and the number was not recognised.

I would like Virgin now

a.  to send me a new working phone , with balance remaining from my PAYG account within the next 3 days

OR

b.  refund the cost of my phone, and

an     tell me the balance of my PAYG account and refund me, and tell me my PAC code, which Virgin should do,.

. within the next 3 days..

Please tell your manager that  if is there is not one of the above resolutions then I shall have to  make a serious complaint to the governing authorities

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @CaroleR 

Sorry to hear you're unhappy and without a phone. Just to clarify - have we already ordered you a new handset and it hasn't arrived? If you are waiting on a free handset there is a delay with the stock and we will be sending them out ASAP.

We're not able to give you a PAC code here - you will need to call the team on 03456000789 and they will be able to provide this for you. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos