forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
sambapixie
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

new sims invalid

Your new sim rollout isn't working.

New sims 'invalid'. Mine on Nokia 130 not valid on insertion, I can still use old sim for now. My partners on Nokia 215 worked for a week now Sim invalid, old sim doesn't work leaving her with no phone. 

She is a carer. the phone is for work.

There seems to be a lot of this problem on the forum. Please advise urgently....

elaine

TiredofTrying
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: new sims invalid

couldn't agree more, I have spent weeks trying to get this very simple problem sorted and am totally frustrated.

joining this forum today I can't believe the sheer number of posts with the same problem, makes me feel better in a way but also can't believe the amount of posts that go without response or answer from virgin. it's a shambles.

0 Kudos
Sutton51
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Similar problem.  After inserting the new SIM I get the message "Insert correct SIM card" i.e. the new SIM does not work.  Trying to make contact through the messaging service but I am not optimistic.  This seems to be Virgin's way of saying that I will be cut off unless I buy a modern phone.

0 Kudos
JimLad5
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Like others, I have joined here to try and get answers. My wife and I have old Nokias which fulfill our needs. We're not Luddites as we use various financial sites via our PC - however several of these now use OTP security and without our mobiles we will have serious problems.

0 Kudos
Messybeast
Up to speed
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Locked Nokias are locked by software so the remote unlock codes VM send won't work on these phones. After much research I found that the only way to unlock these locked Nokias is to download new software into them - basically reprogramming the phone. . It's easier to get a new handset.

0 Kudos
JimLad5
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response. Perhaps Virgin will send me a couple of new handsets !

0 Kudos
Messybeast
Up to speed
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I was offered a replacement handset - the Energizer that is on their website.

0 Kudos
sambapixie
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

that's a good thing....how did you contact Virgin for that? I'm struggling to get any reply......(thanks)

0 Kudos
JimLad5
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I’ve given up on any response from Virgin – and will also give up on their network when I’ve used up my pay-as-you-go funds. Nokia have been no help either as they no longer support the ‘old’ phones.

I’ve taken out a contract with another network for a Samsung Galaxy A41. This device takes 2 SIM cards and I have inserted the new Virgin SIM along with the new supplier’s SIM. I will use the new network for data and Virgin for voice and text then abandon Virgin when the funds run dry. Needless to say I won't be recommending Virgin to anyone.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi JimLad5,

Thanks for posting, 

I'm sorry you're having an issue with the new SIM cards, I've sent you a private message so I can take a closer look at this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos