Menu
crafty9
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

new sim

can anybody help please, as mother in law has a sony ericsson phone, she got sent a new sim in july but she has only just given us the letter to do the phone because her old sim has just started with a error message and won't work, we have inserted the new sim but now it reads INSERT CORRECT SIM CARD, can anybody help please. thanks Sharron

0 Kudos
pumas
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: new sim

If you can, try it in an unlocked phone.Old phone probably locked to EE network, if it wasn't bought through Virgin e.g. Argos, Woolworths. If you can, try sim in an unlocked phone. 

If you want Virgin to sort it, you need to ring 789 from a Virgin phone, or 03456000789(chargeable, between 9 & 6) and be prepared to do battle. If Virgin can't resolve it, they are sending out new phones.

0 Kudos
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

One of the Virgin team here should come to your aid. If a VIP reads this, maybe he/she could escalate your problem.

There have been loads of issues with new SIMs, old phones and, quite often, older people so they are well versed in the problems of the SIM transfer.

I will bump the message up and hope it catches the eye of one more illustrious than me!

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi crafty9, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the new sim. are you able to tell us what Model number she has as Only Ericsson can be quite a few devices. Are you able to try the sim in another phone to see if you are getting the same issue? Was the handset brought from Virgin? The device may be locked to EE ^Chris 

0 Kudos
crafty9
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i have attached a photo of the phone, sorry can't try in any other phone as we are all on Three network with iphones.IMG_7010 (2).jpg

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That is a very old phone and is likely not to work with our new sims, we will send you a private message to look into this further. Chris 

0 Kudos