Menu
Cosmiclady
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

new sim

why is the new sim not working. I have a Nokia 215 dual pay as you go and it worked for 2 days then nothing. Have tried taking it out and putting back in a few times still not working. I can't put my old sim in as you disabled it. My phone might be old but its got a lot of life in it yet.  

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: new sim

Good Evening Cosmiclady,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been having issues with the new SIM card, how are things looking today?

If you're still struggling, can you tell me what error messages are appearing on the screen on your handset?

Are you able to get a signal on the handset?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Cosmiclady
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply I think it might be ok but time will tell. The other problem I have is finding out much much money I have left on my phone. I used to be able to ring 789 and straight away I would be told how much money I had left. Tried ringing 789 and told to put mobile number in and in the options were nothing to tell me the amount I had left. Tried 789789 and typed Balance and told no minutes left, all I need is to find how much money I have left. Any help would be appreciated as a pensioner I'm not all that technophobic. Everything used to be easier before the sim was changed   

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Please keep us posted with how the new SIM goes Cosmiclady. With regards to checking your balance - as far as I'm aware there's been no changes to the options on 789 - option 1 should still be the one to provide balance updates. I don't have SIM to check at the moment - can I ask what other options are provided instead?

If you have a basic handset then the only other ways to do this would be by checking your online account on another internet-capable device (virg.in/youracc) or speaking with the mobile customer service teams on 789 or by text on +44753 301 6422.

Tom

0 Kudos
Cosmiclady
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi sim now seems to be working ok. To find out how much money I had on my phone I used to ring 789 and immediately I was told my balance, never had to go through pressing 1. Will try again with pressing 1 but am now getting really fed up with it all. A simple changing over a sim is causing all my problems to say I'm beyond annoyed is an understatement. 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi CosmicLady,

Thank you for coming back to us, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused by adding your new Sim card.

You can check your balance in a number of ways:

1. Visit m.virginmedia.com/account.
  2. Visit your app store and search for "Virgin Mobile My Account" for the balance app.
  3. Text Balance to 789789.
  4. Call 789 and press option '1' for your remaining allowances.
  5. Or check it on a computer by visiting Your Account.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Cosmiclady
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks everybody for your help with my new sim and I have just found that to find my balance I didn't press 1 as the options weren't for me and then operator said to hold for mobile options (cant remember her exact words) and yipee balance told to me. Am now a happy little bunny. I am of that age where technology goes right over my head so its a good job there are nice people out there willing to help 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cosmiclady,

Thank you for coming back to us, glad to hear that you were able to get your balance and glad we could help.

Regards

Paul.