Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

new sim replacement

I have an old PAYG phone (not a smart-phone) bought 2009 to replace one bought in 2008, but keeping the same sim. 

I received a new sim today (4 Aug 2020) from Virgin Media, as part of their wide replacement exercise.  Inserting it required Subsidy Password, which I did not have, so I filled up the web-form at www.virginmedia.com/help/unlock-code-request1  in which I listed the mobile number.

The screen reply asked me to "Please keep an eye on the phone you gave as contact number as we don't want you to miss our call".  I put the old sim back and it now says "unregistered sim" and texts don't get through.  How can I give a contact method?

In addition, my account now says that my plan is now Simply 8P.  It used to be Daily Bonus.  Is the change connected with the sim replacement amd/or with the message of 3 August 2020 saying that a mailbox had been created for my number?  (I try my hardest to prevent voicemail via the mobile, but presume there will be some way of turning it off.)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: new sim replacement

Hi Spareone, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

Very sorry that you're having trouble using the phone since getting your new SIM, I know you're keen to get this sorted. 

We can certainly have a closer look and see if we can get you the unlocking code for the SIM or see what other options we have as well as looking at the Voicemail service. 

I'm going to pop you a message now and get the ball rolling. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: new sim replacement

All sorted noiw by Emma_C - I am grateful for her help and patience.
spareone
Tags (1)
0 Kudos