Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

new sim not working

I have been sent a new sim. I put it in my phone on 29/7 (not a smart phone) & it asked for a restriction code. I typed in the unlock code on the letter but it said code error. I sent an email on 29/7 as advised by Virgin Media to get a new unlock code but no reply received to that email. 

I phoned Virgin on 4/8 at 9.30am & after holding for an hour, a lady advised me that 'the network had not been activated' & that she would do this for me. She advised to leave the new SIM in the phone & that I would get a text message in anything between 10 mins & 24 hours saying that I could then start to use the phone. No text received! The phone is still say restriction code needed. I have tried to put the old sim back in & it says SIM Card registration failed. 

I have phoned Virgin but cannot get through to a person, I am being advised that I can have a link texted to me but this is no use as phone not working!

Please help!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: new sim not working

What make an model. Sometimes you need a special sequence to put in unlock codes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Its a Nokia 2600c-2. I know it's old & not a smart phone but it's fine for me!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is there an unblocking code either on the letter or printed on the red card bottom left? About 15 digits. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

yes there is a 15 digit unblock code on the letter but when it's keyed into the phone it says code error.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@oldphoneuser wrote:

yes there is a 15 digit unblock code on the letter but when it's keyed into the phone it says code error.

This is the standard Nokia Unlock sequence 

Remove SIM card
Type in #pw+CODE+7#.
If +7# does not work use +1#

1. To show p in the phones display - just press * three times within two seconds.

2. To show w in the phones display - just press * four times within two seconds.

3. To show + in the phones display - just press * twice within two seconds.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for trying to help! Did everything you said using +7# & it said phone restriction off. Put the Sim back in & the phone says code error. Tried inputting the unlock code on the letter again but that says code error too.Tried using +1# & the phone says code error!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, my phone is working!! 

In the middle of the night, I decided to retry +7# etc & the code & it said phone restriction off again. Put the new SIM in the phone & everything is fine. Have used the phone today & all good. Thanks so much for all your help.

0 Kudos