Menu
Keith772
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

new sim is not valid

Put new sim in last week looked fine and worked.  Now suddenly saying 'sim not valid'.  This is a pay as you go and is an emergency phone for a person with walking difficulties and so I need to get it fixed asap.  Note when is did work to start it showed the network as virgin.  Is this being switched to T mobile. Bought from virgin new 2017 so should still be ok  Its a nokia 215.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: new sim is not valid

Hi there @Keith772

Welcome to our Community - we can see that you have since posted on another thread and have marked that as resolved so we do hope that all is now working ok for  you?

We do request that customers try and stick to just one thread to avoid duplication and confusion. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Keith772
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dear Katie,

Thank you for your email.  The reason I posted twice was to try and get a reply.  The phone was an emergency phone for a disabled relative and attempts to contact customer service proved impossible.  Virgin Media have no regard to customer service and I was within hours of starting a petition to Ofcom about  this.  By contrast BT have been able to keep all their support services going in the UK by having the people work from home.

Given the large number of people with the same problem why don't you post the solution at the top of the list and keep it there.  I think that this would help but do remember that not all customers will try this forum.  If you have any feedback into Virgin then make it clear that they will be lucky to survive this update given the problems they have created.  I'm sure many people are already looking to switch to another company.  I am left with the impression that Virgin do not want PAYG customers and this is just a step to withdrawing that option.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response Keith772, 

We fully appreciate the frustration and upset caused trying to get this matter resolved but I am glad it's now sorted. 

We will pass on your feedback and please do let us know if you need anything further. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos