Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

new sim doesn't work

I have been sent a new sim card, which for some reason does not work. At first it wouldn't accept the unlock key, now it just says 'loading', except that it doesn't. I have tried the following ways to contact someone to help me: phone (no-one answered), chat (no-one answered), email (I have asked for a link to create a new password, which never arrived so had to create a new account) and this website is incredibly useless. This has been incredibly frustrating and it's been going on for weeks. Now I'm getting messages (on my old sim) saying my phone will stop working soon and I don't know what to do. 

Here's what I need to know - why does my new sim not work? What can I do to change it? All I'm getting now with the new sim is 'sim restricted.' Please help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: new sim doesn't work

Hi Flo2, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry for the problems you've encountered with your replacement SIM. Can I just check you've followed the instructions to activate it? That would be required to get it working and needs to be done within 30 days.

If that doesn't help please get back to me via PM so we can take a further look into it for you.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom,

I took the SIM out again after posting this message, put it back in and left it there for a bit and about a day later it suddenly did work, despite of previous unlock code issues, constant error messages and even a period of just nothing. I'm not sure what happened but somehow it worked and is up and running now. But thank you for reaching out to me in order to help, I appreciate it.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know it's sorted now Flo2. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you encounter any more problems.

Tom 

0 Kudos