Menu
not_a_clue
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

new sim card

The new sim card is asking for a Master Code... I'm going around in circles contacting Virgin ... reading the comments here it looks like those with older phones that are not internet connected are being frozen out .......I use my phone for text messages from the doctors dentist taxi etc. All I need is a code ... living in hopes that one day  Virgin will actually read our pleas for help 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: new sim card

It's nothing to do with having an Internet phone, it just means your old phone is not an unlocked phone but is locked to the EE network. 

Virgin are slowly moving away from EE so you need to either obtain a unlock code for your handset or get another phone that is not locked to EE

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

If the phone was purchased from VM you can request the lock code to remove the phones network lock at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/unlock-code-request1

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

not_a_clue
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Mike I have done this 🙂 but still no reply from Virgin....I purchased the phone with a virgin media sim already in but it's an old phone bought from woolies  ( FLY phone) years ago so useful for texts etc but not internet connected. I've become attached to it lol but it looks like I shall have to update myself if I'm not given the Master Code.... It still has credit on it . Once again thank you for your help 🙂

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Not_a_clue and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if you've found an unlock code for this since your last post? 

If not please don't post it publicly but can we please confirm if you're aware of the handsets IMEI number? 

Thanks, Emily.

not_a_clue
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Emily and yes I've filled in the form with the correct IMEI around 2 weeks ago but no reply from Virgin ... I'm now without a mobile phone as it still asks me to enter the Master Code. This is my only way of communicating my problem to Virgin so thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi not_a_clue,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your new sim not working in your phone .

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul

0 Kudos