cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new phone has different size SIM, so need replacement

galpat
On our wavelength

I have a new Pixel 6a phone which requires a nano-SIM. My current Virgin SIM (in a Galaxy S5Neo) is a micro -SIM. How do I get Virgin to provide me with a new SIM for the new phone, but keep my same phone number?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Portery
Fibre optic

Have you looked at your current sim and see is you can pop it out as a nano sim a lot of sims can do that if not you can contact vm mobile 789 from your Virgin Media landline or Virgin Mobile. Or 0345 600 0789 or wait for a mod 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Portery
Fibre optic

Have you looked at your current sim and see is you can pop it out as a nano sim a lot of sims can do that if not you can contact vm mobile 789 from your Virgin Media landline or Virgin Mobile. Or 0345 600 0789 or wait for a mod 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @galpat,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your SIM card at the moment.

As @Portery advised, we provide Tri-SIM cards for our customers. This means that you can pop out and adjust the size of your SIM card depending on what size you need. You should be able to pop the external layer off to have a nano-SIM. You can take a look at our Mobile Help and Support page for more information if needed.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs