Menu
tara4
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

new package incorrect

I was harrassed by Virgin to renew my contract and get a new phone. Eventually I gave in and agreed the same package but a new phone - Unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 1gb data.

Bill in September £339 approx ! So I rang and found my package was no minutes, no texts and 1 gb.

Many hours spent on the phone to non English speaking operators who some times are hard to understand and I am SO sO fed up with Virgin. ive been with them for 19 years and never had such bad service. They say they cant change the package so i have to send the phone back and they will investigate and start again.

It seems simple to me but they say changing the package cannot be done! Ive had offers of text help, phone backs etc etc but nothing happens and my bill increases.

The man i spent an hour talking to today was almost arrogant and said 'we have offered you a resolution- you send the phone back - you dont want this so you will have to wait for a letter in a month'.

Can anyone help? how do I deal with this stress making issue costing me way over what I normally pay for my mobile? AArgh...........

0 Kudos
teabag
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: new package incorrect

A mistake by Virgin which has happened quite a lot recently 😠 where they are mistakenly giving out Data Only Plans.

Hopefully, this will give one of the @ForumTeam a bump to jump in and offer some help for you - plus a refund for the extra charges for calls and texts you have made when they should have been in your allowances.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
tara4
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Teabag, its so nice to have a helpful person on the other end. I do hope you are right and that someone responds and helps from Virgin!

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've escalated this to the team.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi tara4, thanks for getting in touch - sorry for the delayed response.

I'm also very sorry about what's happened with your mobile bill. Please let us take a further look into it and we'll do all we can to help.

Just look out for my PM (the purple envelope) and get back to me when you can.

Tom 

0 Kudos