Menu
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

new mobile sim

NEW SIM, although working NOW LOCKED ME OUT 

Asking for SIM ME LOCK (SP)  tried so many different combinations, including those on the letter.  Only 5 tries remain

WHERE DO I FIND THIS NUMBER,  I thought I've tried all the ones it might be asking for  7890, numbers on the letter, numbers I kept from the original sim & phone set up.

AS I CAN'T USE THIS PHONE NOW, I'm waiting for a reply ''to it'' from the online service! 😞

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: new mobile sim

Your phone needs network unlocking. If it is the same one as purchased from Virgin then the unlocking code will be printed in small numbers at the bottom of the red card marked personal unblocking key.

You need to to find out how that is entered one your particular phone. Usually how to unlock xphone comes up with instructions on google

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

😞 nope didn't work, now left with 4 tries
I think I had previously tried that one
I can put the old Virgin SIM back in and get on line, but obviously no phone or data 😞
The only help I have was an online help form, and they will TEXT me the reply - yep ad how am I suppose to read it?
I'll have to keep trying the landline.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi severnbore

Thanks for posting and apologies for the delayed reply. Thanks also for letting us know what you've tried. Did the new SIM you received work in the phone initially?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying.  Did it work:  well yes it booted back up to the main screen on my mobile & accessed the internet, although I DIDN'T try data, or making a phone call.  

I got locked out from the phone completely, after trying to access a google search away from home.

I can put back the old SIM and it boots up to my mobile password and all is OK - even the internet, can even read the WOOHO your NEW SIM WORKS, can access the internet, but obviously no mobile phone or data.

I have tried so many different numbers connected to the phone - purchased from Virgin with a PAYG package, there is £85 credit on the mobile, else, I would be now inclined to ditch it.

All I need is the RIGHT CODE, or for Virgin to UNBLOCK ME.    I have complete two online requests and was BORED TO DEATH after half an hour waiting on the landline, gave up - and I have tried several times now 😞

To be honest, I am not a mobile phone user - it is purely kept for emergencies.

Any help would be gratefully received.  WHAT NUMBER DOES IT WANT?

I have tried all the numbers, the 7890 number from the web help page.  I have filled in two requests to be unlocked, help or give me the CODE.  I am down to 4 remaining attempts. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Severnbore, 

Really sorry to hear that you're having an issue with your handset being locked. 

I am going to need to take some details off you to get this sorted so I know exactly what code it's asking for. 

I'm going to pop you a personal message now and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can't reply in private message - anyhow:  but this is my reply

Thanks I have given this information twice already to the on-line - form filling.  All I need to know is WHAT (number of digits) number, presume I must already have it.  With only 4 tries left,  I just don't want to try another combination of numbers.  Is it on the red card? the letter? the SIM card? or somewhere in the original configuration of the original SIM card?  But to be quite honest, I'm really not prepared to give over all the ^ above information to someone I don't know.  After all, I have no idea who you are, and what authority you have.  Although do know some admins are able to reset some aspects of queries for Virgin. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Unlocking codes are typically 8 to 10 digits depending on make and model

The unlock method will also depend on make and model

@Emma_C is Virgin Staff and part of the forum team so you are safe sending information by PM

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can assure you your information will be safe with me and I do need it to help provide you with the correct code. 

The unlocking code should be on the letter if it's one we have, but I will need the information asked in the message to be able to proceed. 

If you could please reply with that information via private message then I can assist. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am now done with 3 REMAINING tries

As I can still access my mobile by putting in my old card, otherwise I am COMPLETELY LOCKED OUT of the mobile,  I can read the message:

WOOHOO your new SIM WORKS   

and accessing the PUK code, can see that it has changed from the original card to presume the NEW CARD

So I tried that new PUK code - no didn't work.

As this is as PAYG phone, obviously quite old, with £85 still on it due to the type of contract I have (now not available) phone was purchased from Virgin and is a LOCKED SIM  <<  I wonder how much that is still an issue.  That the phone NEEDS TO BE UNLOCKED?

I can't make sense of it all to be honest.  When my three remaining tries are up, what then?   CAN I HAVE ANOTHER SIM?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos